We were a bit upset this week when we spoke a fellow Six Figure Mentor member, Mary, who's a 44 year old Accounts Manager.
Mary was on the verge of quitting on her dream – a dream of building a successful online business and travelling the world free as a bird.
And the reason?
Because . . . her partner didn’t want her to be more successful than him!
It’s so sad – we hear similar stories more often than we care to choose.
But at some point in building an online business, each and every one of us throws our hands up in despair! Irrespective of how stubborn (like Fiona, she is a Taurean after all), persistent or motivated we all are.
Because, sooner or later we all experience overwhelm, distraction, frustration, annoyance, disappointment – the list goes on. It’s par for the course when building an online business.
That's why our message today is all about staying on path, loving the journey, and never giving up.
Today, we want to use Mary’s desperation as a trigger to share a powerful message with you. It’s not our message, although we’d love to take credit for it, but we can’t.
So, in the words of Will Smith:
“Don’t ever let someone tell you, you can’t do something, not even me, alright?
You got a dream you got to protect it.
When people can’t do something themselves, they tell you you can’t do it.
You want something. Go get it. Period!”
Here's More About Never Giving Up . . .
Don't like watching video? Read about it here:
Don’t Quit Poem
When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit
Rest if you must, but do not quit.
Life is strange with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a fellow turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don’t give up though the pace seems slow
You may succeed with another blow.
Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a fair and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor’s cup,
And he learned too late when night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar,
So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit,
It’s when things seem worst that you must not quit.
Attributed to Anthony Fernando
Tips and Strategies For Never Giving Up
So how can You tackle this negativity head on and turn it into a winning situation?
Here’s the very best never giving up tips from our own personal experience (strategies that have worked for us):
1. Re-connect with your dream – visualise it – smell it – hear it – touch it. The moment you think about giving up, think of the reason why you held on for so long.
2. Understand that it’s what you’ve learned is important. You’ll always get a second chance – it’s called tomorrow.
3. Avoid chasing shiny objects – there are no push button, get rich quick schemes. Period!
4. Take action – learn something and act on it straight away otherwise you’re wasting your own time.
5. Switch off distractions and realise you don’t want to avoid sabotaging your own efforts.
6. Overcome overwhelm by understanding that, little by little, small steps will add up to a long journey.
7. Don’t be too attached to comfort – because it’s when you step outside your comfort zone that you grow.
8. Share your vision with your loved ones so they understand what’s in it for them.
9. Find a support network, a mentor, a mastermind, a community like Six Figure Mentors where like-minded people provide guidance and advice to each other.
Now, back to Mary's story . . .
Happily, we were able to convince her to battle on, in the face of adversity.
We chatted to her, listened to her (most important bit), and assured her her dream was not for sale. It was there for the taking and was definitely worth her time, effort and energy to persevere for. We encouraged her that never giving up was the way to go!
The moral of the story is:
If you feel yourself buckling at the knees, download this handy guide written by a lady we respect and follow called Jo Barnes [link] She won’t mind us sharing it with you.
What’s great about it is: she echoes and reinforces what we say above (we agree entirely with every word she writes) and that she gives action steps – one of which is don’t reinvent the wheel, which is why we’re sharing her download and not ours!
We hope you get a lot of value from it, and are doubly resolute that by sharing Mary’s story, you can live your dream too, by never giving up.
Chat To Us: Find A Time When You're Free
If you like this post, SHARE IT using the buttons on the left.